Civil Litigation, Products & Camp Liability, Insurance Defense & Employment Law Attorneys in Pennsylvania
One of the original 13 colonies after America declared her independence, Pennsylvania is an amazing state. Pennsylvania in the east gave birth to our Constitution and was the country’s first capitol while Pittsburgh in the west gave birth to the steel industry. In between, the Allegheny’s are a spectacularly beautiful reminder of some of the oldest mountains on the continent and the Pocono’s is where many people vacation or send their kids for camp.
One of the 13 original colonies, Pennsylvania came into being in 1681 as a result of a royal land grant to William Penn, son of the state’s namesake. Its southern border formed part of the Mason-Dixon line. Before becoming a state, it was organized as the colony of New Sweden.
Pennsylvania Camp Liability Lawyers
A number of camp owners and directors own facilities in Pennsylvania. The parents of many Pennsylvania children send their kids to summer camp in the state. Camp owners and directors are fully responsible for protecting their young campers plus the staff and visitors from injuries. The liability includes even accidental injuries. Yet injury-causing accidents happen regardless of how careful the camp is about the risks it carries. As a result, camp owners and directors in Pennsylvania face a potential liability.
An insurance policy will protect camp owners and directors from claims and damages resulting from premises liability, physical or sexual abuse or harassment and privacy issues. As a result, insurers rely on Sherr Law Group in Pennsylvania to defend them against damage claim and liability. The camp liability attorneys at Sherr Law Group in Pennsylvania defend many camp owners both directly or as advocates for their insurance company. Our camp liability lawyers are experienced in dealing with liability issues including
- Conducting camp liability risk assessments
- Ensuring that camp owners and directors have the proper certifications that are required
- Training camp staff on how to follow safe procedures and best practices, how to prevent sexual harassment claims, how to spot bullying tactics of one camper might use against another camper, and running drug and alcohol awareness programs
- Reviewing proposals for insurance coverage for camp owners to make sure they cover what needs to be covered
- Representing camp owners and directors or their insurance company if a lawsuit if filed
- Examining employment documents, policy manuals and hiring practices of applicants for camp positions
- Investigating claims of injuries or negligence
Employment Law Lawyers in Pennsylvania
All of the employment law attorneys at Pennsylvania’s Sherr Law Group are more than litigators. Frequently, we also consult with clients to reduce the possibility of a claim.
- General human resources advice that helps you meet your objectives and staying within state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Reviewing employee manuals, sexual harassment policies and complaint procedures
- Negotiating and drafting employment agreements and contracts
Also, the Sherr Law Group represents employers and insurance companies in Pennsylvania when a company must deal with a tribunal, is being sued or wants to file its own lawsuit.
Products Liability Attorneys in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania businesses and their insurance companies understand that the team of products liability lawyers at Sherr Law Group have built a wide range of experience in this area. If a company and its insurance company face a claim that a product caused an injury or somebody’s death, they know Sherr works diligently to achieve an outcome as favorable as possible for our client’s.
There are many complex issues in products liability. The Sherr Law Group represents defendants in Pennsylvania products liability cases against the major types of claims that could be made:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Marketing defects
- Other claims that often arise in a products liability case
General Insurance Defense Attorneys in Pennsylvania
Here in Pennsylvania, the insurance defense practice attorneys provide a thorough and aggressive defense of insurance companies when an insured individual suffers an accident and is hurt, was injured in a commercial facility, or makes a claim of any type. We are skilled insurance defense attorneys who also advise insurers and the organizations they cover on ways to prevent claims.
Along with General insurance coverage disputes, we also work with insurance companies on:
- Claims against the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Car and truck accident liability as well as dealing with uninsured and underinsured motorists
- Medical malpractice and legal malpractice claims filed against practitioners in Pennsylvania
- Premises, property and homeowner’s liability claims
- Claims filed regarding employment law violations
Insurance companies know that we work diligently to receive a favorable outcome for their case. If you have questions, please contact any of the insurance liability defense attorneys in Pennsylvania at 484.591.3000.