Civil Litigation, Products & Camp Liability, Insurance Defense & Employment Law Attorneys in Wayne, PA
Wayne was originally settled in the late 1600s by Welsh Quakers. They came here to settle on land originally purchased by William Penn.
The Lancaster Pike, the blacktopped turnpike in the world and the first real turnpike in the United States, opened near what now is Wayne in 1795. It spurred settlement in the area.
Wayne is considered one of the best places in the western suburbs of Philadelphia to live and raise a family. The school system is recognized as one of the best in the country, the median income is high, and crime is low. Many residents have advanced degrees and work as executives or professionals. The ocean and mountains are each about two hours away, and Philadelphia is a 30-minute train ride away.
Products Liability Lawyers in Wayne
The background and skill of the products liability lawyers at Sherr Law Group in Wayne is brought to bear whenever a business and its insurance company must deal with a claim that a defective product resulted in somebody’s death or injury. We work hard to make certain that our clients receive as favorable an outcome as possible.
By understanding the complexities of products liability, we represent defendants in Wayne against the three principal types of claims that are filed:
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Marketing defects
There are many other related claims in a products liability case and we defend clients against these, as well.
Camp Liability Lawyers in Wayne
Camp owners and directors must protect their campers, the staff, and families who visit from any injury, even those that are accidental. Yet accidents that hurt somebody do occur, exposing camp owners and directors in Wayne to liability and claims of damages.
Insurance policies cover camp owners and directors against claims of premises liability, physical or sexual abuse or harassment, and privacy issues.
Here at the Sherr Law Group in Wayne Pennsylvania, our camp liability attorneys defend camp owners directly or by acting on behalf of their insurance company. Our camp liability lawyers in Wayne are experienced in resolving cases cost-effectively including:
- Defending camp owners and directors or their insurance carrier against lawsuits
- Conducting risk assessments
- Ensuring that camp owners maintain the proper certifications required by laws and regulations
- Reviewing proposals to make sure the policy will cover what it must
- Investigating alleged injuries or negligence
Proactively, we conduct programs for camp staff on making sure they use safe practices, how to avoid sexual harassment claims, putting a halt to bullying tactics, and running substance abuse programs. We also examine employment agreements, policy manuals and hiring practices.
Wayne PA’s Employment Law Lawyers
We do more than go into court to try employment law attorneys. At the Sherr Law Group in Wayne, we offer consulting services to reduce the risk of workers having to file a claim. Our work includes:
- Providing general human resources advice that help ensure that you meet your objectives and the requirements of the law
- Assessing the employee manual, a corporate harassment policy and complaint procedures
- Negotiating and drafting employment agreements and contracts
In Wayne PA, the Sherr Law Group represents employers along with their insurance company when a business is going before a tribunal, is being sued or needs to launch its own lawsuit against an employee for things such as stealing client lists as they leave for another job.
Wayne Pennsylvania’s Insurance Defense Lawyers
When a person is involved in an accident, gets hurt while in a commercial or municipal location, or alleges being injured in any way in Wayne, insurance companies recognize that our insurance defense practice will offer an aggressive defense. We also help insurance companies and their policyholders on preventing claims.
Our work includes:
- Disputes over general insurance coverage
- Employees making claims against an employer
- Motor vehicle accident liability, uninsured and underinsured motorist claims
- Premises, property, and homeowner’s liability claims
- Medical and lega; malpractice claims filed against professionals in Wayne
- Claims that employment laws were violated
- Claims against Wayne itself
To discuss your situation or a claim, please call one a liability defense attorney for Wayne at 484.591.3000.